Consumers will soon discover a new shopping experience at The Food Merchant, a first-of-its-kind grocery store brought to you by members of the family behind the successful Village Grocer chain this 3 December 2021.
Exclusively available at Pavilion Bukit Jalil, The Food Merchant will offer customers a gastronomical experience like no other as they explore the highly curated aisles of premium and fresh food products and world-class dine-in selections. The Food Merchant’s first outlet in Pavilion Bukit Jalil will encompass 56,000 sq. ft.
A cosmopolitan shopping experience
At The Food Merchant, shoppers can expect to experience an evolved, cosmopolitan, and immersive grocery shopping adventure.
The finest selections of fairly priced fresh and premium food sourced from more than ten countries such as Australia, Egypt, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Peru, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, the Middle East, and the USA, will line the aisles of The Food Merchant.
Food exclusively at The Food Merchant
The Food Merchant houses an exciting range of international products available exclusively at the grocer, such as:
- Reflects De France, a brand endorsed by Joël Robuchon, a famous French Chef and Restaurateur, who has the highest number of Michelin stars in the world, offering the best of French cuisine to international customers
- Premium imported confectionaries such as Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream from Belgium, Ferrero Rocher ice cream from Germany, and Wall’s Viennetta from the United Kingdom
The Food Merchant is also well-stocked with beverages that range from go-to affordable drinks to fine vintages curated from both old and new world vineyards and breweries. Selected non-halal options will be available in certain marked sections around the store.
Environment and shoppers’ first approach
A zero-waste corner in the grocer encourages shoppers to bring their containers to reduce single-use plastic. Fresh produce will come with sustainable packagings, such as paper, natural leaves, kraft paper, compostable net, and paper pulp boxes. The Food Merchant aims to completely eliminate plastic packaging for their food offerings without compromising on quality, freshness, or cleanliness.
The Food Merchant is also working towards being Malaysia’s pioneer green-powered grocery chain in Malaysia. Through a collaboration with a green energy company, The Food Merchant will eventually be powered by renewable solar energy.
Located at the upcoming Pavilion Bukit Jalil opening on 3 December, it aims to meet the desires of discerning grocery shoppers and foodies throughout Klang Valley.
As the Icon of Connectivity, spanning over five retail floors with a total of 1.8 million square feet of retail space, the mall aims to reinvigorate the retail and entertainment space for consumers through its various delicious gastronomical experiences and the discovery of new dining outlets including Grand Harbour Restaurant and Banquet, Coffee Academics, Christine Bakery and many more.
- Check out Gordon Ramsay’s first-ever restaurant in Malaysia opening this year.
- Click here for exclusive Shopee free shipping vouchers and Lazada free shipping vouchers.
- Book your next trip on Klook here.
- Follow us on our Facebook and Instagram for more updates and the latest happenings around Malaysia!